claressa shields vs savannah marshall opener...sept 10th

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
venue:..02 arena in london...line:-115 both ways...interesting..homecourt advantage seems to be affecting the line(being that shields is almost a legend in women`s boxing).....

big height advantage for the brit....speed/athletic advantage for the american.....power advantage?...you`d think shields but marshall is stopping opponents...probably a big disparity in resumes(but c`mon,it`s women`s boxing...there aren`t all that many really interesting female fighters)...

can`t remember this much buzz for fem. boxing since the christy martin/lucia rijker days(maybe ali`s daughter but that was more of a sideshow,imo..she was considerably bigger than most opponents).........

should be a hoot....

Last edited:

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
venue:..02 arena in london...line:-115 both ways...interesting..homecourt advantage seems to be affecting the line(being that shields is almost a legend in women`s boxing).....

big height advantage for the brit....speed/athletic advantage for the american.....power advantage?...you`d think shields but marshall is stopping opponents...probably a big disparity in resumes(but c`mon,it`s women`s boxing...there aren`t all that many really interesting female fighters)...

can`t remember this much buzz for fem. boxing since the christy martin/lucia rijker days(maybe ali`s daughter but that was more of a sideshow,imo..she was considerably bigger than most opponents).........

should be a hoot....

Marshall has a clear advantage in power my man. Shields isn't stopping her, so she'll hafta overcome that huge home field advantage to get a decision here. This has Draw written all over it

​​​​​I'm hoping Marshall wins and we get a decent # on Shields when they run it back here in the states

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Marshall has a clear advantage in power my man. Shields isn't stopping her, so she'll hafta overcome that huge home field advantage to get a decision here. This has Draw written all over it

​​​​​I'm hoping Marshall wins and we get a decent # on Shields when they run it back here in the states

i`ll have to take a hard look at her resume...looks like mostly european girls and with the exception of the last few fights,they all look pretty pedestrian(i`m being kind).....

i consider shields a blowhard and a bit of a bully so i`ll be rooting for marshall...that said,that marshall resume looks very sketchy....but in the u.k.,homecourt is incredibly big(to the point of being downright corrupt in many instances)...

should be fun...genuine bad blood...