Drug commercials, medications that end in ?mab?

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I know we usually don?t pay attention to commercials, but notice if the drugs they are peddling end in ?mab? (generic names).

The one I take is called Dupixent or Dupilumab

I have also seen Humira or Adalimumab, Raptiva or Efalizumab, and Xolair or Omalizumab.

These drugs are monoclonal antibodies. The science is complicated, and I?m not even going to attempt to summarize the action here.

Some were used for active covid infections, others for various autoimmune disorders including Rheumatoid Arthritis, and for covid vaccine related autoimmune adverse reactions like I have.

My problem is better thankfully, but I have to take a painful shot in my abdomen twice a month. It?s hella expensive, but I don?t pay for it somehow after enrolling online. Not sure who pays for it :shrug:

Anyway, look for these commercials/ads, and somebody smarter than me figure out how we can make some money in the market from them. Their need is skyrocketing. Some stock has to be going up. Also, who is paying for my shots? Who is smart enough to figure that out? Thanks!

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
This is a brand name drug and a generic may be available. The average cost for 2 Syringe(s), 2ml of 300mg/2ml each, is $9,610.18. You can buy Dupixent at the discounted price of $3,188.14 by using the WebMDRx coupon, a savings of 67%.

https://www.webmd.com ? drug-prices ? dupixent

How do I get free Dupixent?

Patients will need to meet the eligibility criteria, including household income, to qualify. The DUPIXENT MyWay team will research each patient's situation and determine eligibility. For more information, call 1‑844‑DUPIXENT (1-844-387-4936),

:0corn