First and Ten

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
2022 NFL Regular Season: 79-74 (-3.60*)
2022-2023 NFL Postseason: 6-10 (-4.90*)

2022 NCAA Regular Season: 89-102 (-20.25*)
2022-2023 NCAA Bowl Season: 15-14 (-0.90*)

All Games 2022 Season: 189-200 (-29.65*)

2021 NFL Regular Season: 81-76 (-5.25*)
2021-2022 NFL Postseason: 5-8 (-4.14*)

2021 NCAA Regular Season: 114-97 (+8.47*)
2021-2022 NCAA Bowl Season: 13-12 (-1.43*)

All Games 2021 Season: 213-193 (-2.35*)

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
TCU(-21) over Colorado (1*)
- - Elsewhere, simply put: “Colorado is NOT going to be ready for this”; and 95 degrees won’t help.

Tennessee(-28)(-105) over Virginia (1*)
- -

Florida State(+2) over LSU (1*)
- - I believe the claim that this shapes up as a big Pros vs. Joes game.

North Carolina(-2') over South Caroilina (1*)
- -

Iowa(-23') over Utah State (1*)
- - Feels like forever since Iowa has erupted at Kinnick.

Washington(-14) over Boise State (1*)
- - Gonna roll. Or not.

Toledo(+9) over Illinois (1*)
- -

Kentucky(-26') over Ball State (1*)
- -

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
2023 NCAA YTD: 10-4 (+5.60*)
2023 NFL YTD: 0-0 (+0.00*)

- - Would have been a just fine 8-6 week to start the season, except I was first the beneficiary of an OMG late cover by Kentucky, and then a WTF was that cover by James Franklin and Penn State. Amazing to catch two of those outcomes on one day, but sadly those outcomes never go your way in the long run.

Kansas(-3)(-130) over Illinois (1*)
- -

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Notre Dame(-7) over North Carolina State (1*)
- - I like ND to continue on the trajectory of a really good team having a really good start to a season.

Colorado(-2') over Nebraska (1*)
- - After weighing the pros and cons, I’ll ride with the Buffalos coming out and scoring the points they need to make it to 2-0.

Utah(-7) over Baylor (1*)
- - Utes without QB Cam Rising are clearly better, now do your job.

GL

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Iowa(-3)(-130) over Iowa State (1*)
- -

Rutgers(-7') over Temple (1*)

- -

North Carolina(-18) over Appalachian State (1*)

- -

Western Michigan(+25) over Syracuse (1*)

- -

Texas A&M(-3)(-100) over Miami (1*)
- -

Texas(+7) over Alabama (1*)

- -

Oklahoma State(-2') over Arizona State (1*)
- -

Minnesota(-20) over Eastern Michigan (1*)
- -

California(+5) over Auburn (1*)
- -

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Nebraska(-13) over Northern Illinois (1*)
- - Nebraska will punish an inferior opponent in this one, and if will take more than a 2 or more turnover margin of shocking indifference for any other result.

Penn State(-14) over Illinois (1*)
- - I’ve been very right about the inability of Illini HC Bielema to work miracles and stop the serious backsliding of a team that was #1 in the nation last year in scoring defense. I was very right all last year backing Penn State as an extremely undervalued football team, and I’m looking right that last year was just a prelude to this year, and that Penn State insiders were rightly confident that QB Drew Allar will make Penn State fans forget about QB Sean Clifford quicker than shit through a goose. Penn State all day for me in this Big Ten opener.

Iowa State(-2) over Ohio (1*)
- - I watch ISU coach Matt Campbell lose the recruiting battle to Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz every single year, and every single year I have believed his team was being overvalued while racking up a 1-6 SU mark when going head to head. But I also watch Campbell coach his team to so many thrilling victories and so few stinkers that unlike stock investment advice, I’m hopeful here that past results are indicative of future performance.

Colorado State / Colorado(Ov63') (1*)
- - I will shit like a goose if the halftime score in this one resembles the pitched 13-0 stand off of last week.

Iowa(-28) over Western Michigan (1*)
- - A disappointing 2-0 should still become an awesome 5-1.

Miami (Ohio)(+14) over Cincinnati (1*)
- - A veteran coach, an excellent 5th year QB, and a very experienced Miami defense will be ready to scrap and claw for 60 minutes (or more) to try and earn the Victory Bell after 16 straight losses in the 127th edition of this ancient rivalry. A Cinci team under a new regime and making a massive overhaul comes off a hard fought road win as a dog, and has a mega look ahead game when they host Oklahoma next week in their first ever Big XII game. In this spot I’ll let Miami with all those points carry my cash 100 times out of 100.

North Carolina(-7) over Minnesota (1*)
- -

South Carolina(+27) over Georgia (1*)
- - No way Georgia with a huge target on its back cruises this year like the 2022 juggernaut, and it just seems like facing a disrespected SC team under HC Shane Beamer is a decent enough spot to test that theory.

Kansas State(-3)(-130) over Missouri (1*)
- -

GL

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
NCAA YTD: 29-13 (+14.80*)
- - Fav: 21-9
- - Dog: 7-4
- - Totals: 1-0
- - Big10: 14-3

NFL YTD: 7-10 (-4.35*)
- - Fav: 4-9
- - Dog: 3-1
- - NFC North: 2-2

Wisconsin(-6) over Purdue (1*)

- - Wisconsin is just about the last Big Ten team I have dived into this season in order to form some betting opinions. I know new HC Luke Fickell delivered lots of winning wagers for me with his Cincinnati Bearcats during the inspired seasons of 2019, 2020 and 2021. I went and watched a 10 minute highlight package of the recent Wisconsin loss on the Palouse, and I thought I was watching a physical and well coached Wisconsin team with a pretty decent QB that was just outplayed by a little bit by a pretty decent Washington State team. I believe Wisconsin returns about 18 starters, and the new regime at Purdue is boasting no such credentials. Wisconsin has won 16 straight against Purdue, and all but two of those wins were by more than the spread in tonight’s game. I think the new regime in Wisconsin bags this Big Ten opener, and I’ll lay the small number.

GL

Reactions: boomer1
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
BYU(+9') over Kansas (1*)
- - I have been an interested believer in upstart Kansas since the first time I watched QB Jalon Daniels and a feisty band of brothers taking on and taking down Duke last year. But I have equal respect for the accomplishments of the mature BYU squads under HC Kalani Sitake, consistently earning Bowl bids and never backing down from scheduling tough road challenges as an Independent. I may be an idiot or a sucker, but I certainly expect a strong effort from BYU in their first ever game as a member of the storied Big XII Conference, and I have to rate this disrespected appraisment as my top play on Saturday.

Notre Dame(+3) over Ohio State (1*)
- - I think Notre Dame impresses in this one, but can’t really impress unless they win.

Rutgers(+24) over Michigan (1*)
- - Rutgers has looked dialed in and will compete hard in this one, and I expect they will earn the cash.

Iowa(+14) over Penn State (1*)
- - Penn State games are on a very short list behind Iowa for games I cap and wager on and therefore watch. Right now I have to say Iowa and Penn State have both been underwhelming on the path to 3-0 . . . Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz is Western PA born and raised and does not deny sporting a real hard on for matchups against Penn State and Pitt. Not news to Hawkeye fans that Iowa under Ferentz is 10-8 SU all time against Penn State, with 4 of the last 5 contests decided by 6 points or less. And just for good measure, not surprising that the way the Iowa squad is built has yielded wins in their last six trips to play on grass. A familiar looking Iowa team has had this game circled all year as the toughest game on their schedule, and they definitely have designs on winning it.

Minnesota(-11) over Northwestern (1*)
- -

North Carolina(-7) over Pittsburgh (1*)
- -

Oregon State(-3) over Washington State (1*)
- -

Oregon(-21) over Colorado (1*)
- - Oh Boy. Lots of ways to look at how this game plays out. But I’ll start by saying that Oregon should be ashamed of their performance in this one if they don’t dominate with matchup advantages against an inferior opponent now running on fumes. So even though I don’t see any value with a line I thought would be under 20, I’ll take my chances on the Ducks covering the huge number without even giving up the back door.

Florida State(-2) over Clemson (1*)

- - Even if Clemson is much better than I am seeing and for which they are generally being given credit, for me this is a wager on FSU.

Mississippi(+7)(-115) over Alabama (1*)
- -

Maryland(-7') over Michigan State (1*)
- -

UCLA(+3)(-105) over Utah (1*)
- - This wager belongs right here at the bottom of a confidence pool, but I was leaning to UCLA even if QB Cam Rising was being unpacked from mothballs.

GL

Reactions: rocky mountain
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mdbasketball

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 22, 2019
Cincinnati(+1) over BYU (1*)
- -

Oregon State(-4) over Utah (1*)
- -

GL
GL lostinamerica! One of my favorite setups in college basketball and football in when the higher ranked team is favored over the lower ranked team. Oregon State hits the formula.