Hoorays have completely folded....

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Albie dammed.......not even he can save the ship from sinking. Even Detroit comes into this pathetic ballpark and kicks the home team's a$$!!!!

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
First wager in the bases in about 3 weeks and I'm glad to start off with a winna!!.... I'm not sure what everybody hears about the D-Rays, but living here and watching and listening to everything going on, this is the most troubled team in all of sports. I can't ever recall an organization falling apart like this. They have millions of dollars wrapped up into arms that will never throw in the Bigs, the dome is a piece of chit and nobody wants to go sit in there, the owners are hated in town, and to top it all off, the players know all of this and there is no change in site. I mean how hard would you play if you didn't know if ownership was gonna be able to pay you next month?? I know the payroll issue is just a rumor, but what an ugly rumor, and true or false, the players have this on their minds. Just watch a game and you'll see what I'm talking about. I haven't looked at attendance for todays game, but a Saturday game and I'll bet they didn't get 14,000 in there. That's not gonna pay the bills, and with all the Michigan folk' living here, i bet half of the attendance were dressed in Tiger gear. This is a joke. I'd guess this team will just fold and won't relocate.....that's the situation from here in Tampa Bay.

Fly.....thanks for over in this game buddy!! Once I saw you post that, I immediately called in a small parlay...I bet you did the same
wink.gif

Gatorbait

eat box
Forum Member
Sep 24, 2000
in the muff
Rays will try to get the game over quickly to go home and watch both game 7's. However, this team gives up way too many runs to make it home that quick. Today's attendance should really let this team know.....nobody cares.....we suck......lets call it a season.......oh it's only May....still a slim chance of a recovery....not....lets fold one more time for the lowly Tigers....ya, that's the ticket.....I mean Chicken Dinner
biggrin.gif

Detroit+100......bang it again boys!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

barfly

Forum Member
Nov 7, 1999
St Petersburg, Fl
D-Rays tidbits............

The pitchers
PAUL WILSON: Wilson (1-5, 7.09) makes his team-high 10th start, though he still is searching for his first quality start (six or more innings while allowing three or fewer earned runs). Wilson leads the league with eight hit batters and is tied for the lead with 45 runs allowed.

DAVE MLICKI: Mlicki (3-3, 5.94) has the chance to do something he didn't do until July 17 last year: win his fourth game. Mlicki lost his three-game winning streak last time out when Baltimore scored seven runs in four innings. Against Tampa Bay, he is 4-0 with a 0.93 ERA.

Hitters vs. pitchers
Tigers vs. Wilson

No Tigers have faced Wilson.

Rays vs. Mlicki

(Batter, AB, H, HR,Avg.)

DiFelice, 2,0, 0,.000

Flaherty, 21, 7, 2,.333

Grieve,5, 2, 1,.400

Johnson,4,3, 0,.750

Martinez, 5,1, 0,.200

McGriff,28, 7, 1,.250

Vaughn,19, 4, 1,.211

Williams, 7, 1, 0,.143

Winn4, 1, 0,.250

Outta leftfield
Rays bench coach Billy Hatcher never pitched in the major leagues, but that doesn't stop him from pretending to be a pitcher now. Hatcher likes to work on some special pitches as he warms up for batting practice, deriving much pleasure from faking out whoever happens to be playing catch with him. Hatcher throws changeups, curves, even the occasional knuckleball, laughing while his partner works overtime to keep the ball in front of him. Saturday he displayed a new pitch, the "Slow-O Bend-O," Hatcher's version of a big curve.

Attendance report
SATURDAY'S CROWD: 13,304

TROPICANA FIELD CAPACITY: 44,445

SEASON TOTAL: 318,932

PER-GAME AVERAGE: 15,947

2001 LARGEST CROWD: 41,546

2001 SMALLEST CROWD: 11,056

2000 PER-GAME AVERAGE: 19,368

1999 PER-GAME AVERAGE: 19,296

1998 PER-GAME AVERAGE: 30,939

------------------
Make mine a Double!,