Hot Stocks

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Gentlemen,
I know there must be a few marketplayers out there. Been raking it in with Gold stocks of late and presume that there will be much more to go here considering interest rates, demand fundamentals, especially when short covering begins in earnest, and for a host of other reasons. First leg up may be about done but I'll be holding and buying on dips.
Favorites are: DROOY-.. Extremely undervalued reserves....has already DOUBLED off lows this year and may just be starting.
HM-unhedged and extremely well managed..also DOUBLED off lows
Another area I'm buying is fuel cell tech companies. Rocket launched recently and if the chit hits the fan this summer watch
HPOW,PLUG,MKTY,PRTN...among others BLDP,ENER,and FCEL

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Take a look see if you can find a fund with a lot of these in it. Work the fund. That way you don't have to spread your self out over so many stocks.

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
I am not a gold bug, however at the beginning of the year I thought it could at least get to over $300. if it can go on even a small run some gold stocks should respond.

the maximum gold positions I will hold in my portfolio is 6%. some of my holdings:

1. Igold units (trade on TSE,Symbol : XGD)
Mer .55
just like a mutual fund but with much lower management expense ratio, liquid enough to sell and buy and you get some diveristy.

holdings shares %
BARRICK GOLD CORP ABX 14,261 23.6900%
AGNICO EAGLE MINES LTD AGE 7,784 6.3103%
FRANCO NEV MNG LTD FN 19,381 24.0912%
GOLDCORP INC NEW A G 11,299 10.2204%
KINROSS GOLD CORP K 41,723 3.4417%
MERIDIAN GOLD INC MNG 10,334 8.0836%
PLACER DOME INC PDG 22,713 24.1628%

2. Franco Nevada: this is a gold royalty company with some nice holdings. well run company.

3. Barrick Gold : they hedge their production but saying that they will still benefit from rising gold prices. Good mines, low production costs also very liquid.

4.Meridian Gold Inc. : bought this stock a few weeks ago mainly on a recommendation from a friend who follows the stock. small position, has done well so far.

I have stop losses on all of these stocks, if gold falls then so will the stocks. However hopefully they can go on a nice run first.

thanks
selkirk

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
forgot to mention but if Gold goes on a run the spec plays might be worth a look. Sometimes moose pasture can be worth millions when people are willing to throw money at startups.

a good general source for information on mining companies is the Northern Miner.

thanks
selkirk