If We Had a breakout

C

Cash & Carry

If We Had a breakout

in the next few months, no war with china, pres & congress getting along , stable economic news, no BIG ass ASTEROID HITTING the planet, what stocks would look postive to you guys in a conservative to moderate stock enviroment(blue chip , large cap , mid cap, . I know this part of the forum is slow, lets kick it in the rear..

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
do not know about a breakout but most stocks have come down quite a bit.
I would just look at stocks you want to buy but thought they were a little expensive. I currently bought American Express may pick up some more if it gets cheaper.

Also may add to Spider (SP 500) and the QQQs when the nasdaq finally shows life, above 1800.

I would avoid stocks like Loudcloud, no earnings and none in the next few years.

thanks
selkirk

C

Cash & Carry

thanks for the comeback selkirk,& believe in your views . Here's one to look at in a beatened up sector.. SEMTECH (SMTC)- mainly low end chips, been in business 27 years , never missed a quarter #, & great growth potiental.. nothing exciting on the high end tech, but steady as a rock..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Don't think today is the end of the downturn, though we are getting closer to the bottom. Think you want to look at such blue chips as Citigroup, AOL, GE, maybe a liitle Phillip Morris and Qwest. Rates are not done coming down yet, but am pretty confident these we'll be higher a year from now. A nice conservative mutual fund like Tweedy Browne Global Value would be great for the long haul. Even though it's a pay site RealMoney.com is absolutely the best out there. Check it out you can get a free 30 day trial, you'll be very happy you did.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I now many here got mad at me when I said carefull with Lucent. They may need a buy out a long the way. I did not check last few days. But 5 to 6 bucks a share would not surprise me. At 5 I buy a little. Not a dime more. If wrong im sorry. Been wrong before.