Nolan...turtles

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
I've always known there were others who would stop to help a turtle cross the road.Been there ..done that on several occasions up in the Saratoga NY area and I still dont know what makes em want to cross. They seem to cross in numbers when they do. Anyway,just wanted to tell you that, in addition to your vast knowledge and capping expertise, You're a good man!..
By the way, out of curiosity...Is Nolan a family name??

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Ooooops...wrong forum
Well I guess I'll post my plays then.
Seattle..to beat Clemens
Detroit..in another high scoring affair
LA..Mets will continue to lose...and I'm going with Nolan and the Meatman on the Oakland Under (9.5)
Good luck to all today...and Allnet,,Congrats and keep up the great work!

Nolan Dalla

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2000
Washington, DC/Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the kind words about helping turles and other living creatures. I appreciate the e-mails and posts about a subject that has really touched me emotionally.

As for my family name, NOLAN is my first name. DALLA is my last name.

Best,

Nolan Dalla

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

jmizeus

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2000
western,ny
WOW! very sad but very true. the funny thing to this story is how many car's w/people inside don't think about swaying or slowing down for this defensless animal, but the thing that comes to my mind is i'll bet vegas that 99% of these people would sway or slow down if there was a dead animal in the road just so they don't get that mess on there tires, but if its alive and moving let's see how close to killing it we can get!!

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
Nolan,

Thanks for sharing a very sad story.

I think you will be surprised to find out how many on this forum share your feelings.

Reminds me as a young lad riding a small motorcycle on a dirt road close to my father's farms. A squirrel happened to cross the road at the wrong time. I immediately stopped and rushed home with the creature. The little guy was in trauma and bit me.

No problem, my dad rushed him to the vet. Sorry to say he died. Bottomline, I risked rabies shots trying to save an animal.

My adopted cats thank me everyday for saving them and being a responsible provider

Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari, Audi, Bentley, and Lamborgini (our cats) thank you for your words this Sunday.

kcwolf

aldabra

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
tulsa ok
very touching story Nolan,I am a docent
at Tulsa Zoo,I work with aldabra tortoises;
basically they are the same 500 pounders
that live on Galapago islands..they are really gentle creatures;some living multiple
centuries only threat is man..I applaud
your attempt to save a turtle,they have been
around many more millions of years than we
have....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Beast and Stanley and other tennis bettors:

Thx for your insights.

I'm watching the replay on espn. Patrick McEnroe throughout made it sound like the final was a formality. Opened the broadcast by saying he'd be surprised if Portas won a set. And even when it's 2-1, McEnroe is waiting Portas to fold.

Do you think there's any value on Kuerten or Ferrero to win the French? I believe Unitedbet still had Ferrero at 6-1.

Also, could you guys give me any insights into your methodology for calculating your lines on these matches? Feel free to email me at chuckygoat@hotmail.com, if that's more appropriate.

Thx, gents. GL.