Stroman Update

yanno

Registered User
Forum Member
Sep 8, 2001
3,860
232
63
Ontario
Just an FYI for those thinking of the Rays today.

TORONTO ? Marcus Stroman will make his scheduled start on Sunday when the Blue Jays wrap-up a three game series against the Tampa Bay Rays.

The right-hander left his last start against the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday with a blister on the middle finger of his throwing hand, leaving his availability for Sunday?s game in question.

"He will pitch tomorrow," said manager John Gibbons prior to Saturday?s game. "Everybody thinks he should be OK. He dealt with it last year (too)."

Stroman was replaced by Ryan Tepera in the eighth inning after the blister began bothering him while he was throwing warm-up pitches. The outing was one of the best of the season from the 27-year-old, who held the American League East-leading Red Sox to just one earned run on two hits over seven innings while striking out four.

Following the game Stroman admitted the blister was felt most prominently when throwing his sinker ? his primary pitch.

"He?s got the ability, if it?s bothering him, to go other things a little bit more often," said Gibbons. "Last year was the first year it really ever happened to him. A big topic was the baseballs? you?ve just got to adapt."

Stroman is 4-8 with a 5.20 ERA in 16 starts this season. In 11 career starts against the Rays Stroman is 5-4 with a 4.37 ERA.



And on a side note:

The Rays (60-57) have now won three straight and four of five while improving to 7-1 against the Blue Jays this season.

The Jays (52-64) have just one win in their last six games.
 
Bet on MyBookie
Top