Tues 5/21 ~ Pacers @ Celts

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
had a wonderful nba wkd as all 3 of my series wagers hit w/Mavs on Saturday, Pacers & T-wolves on Sunday..
to me the T-wolves coming back was the only shocker after
looking dead in the water down 20..
Nugz went on a bad shooting streak and looked too pooped to pop all of a sudden.
and Minn's energy seemed to increase as the 2h went along.. was fun to watch!

OKC gave Dallas all they could handle, and Pacers showed they were the much better team (which they struggled to do in their first 3 games @ MSG)..

Eastern Conference Finals:
I bet Pacers to WIN EAST @ 12/1 before series v knix.. 175/2100 so that's what I'm gonna root for!

PACERS @ Celtics (+358/-458 series price @ my site) ~~ Just yday Celts were -600 and Sunday -700!

Game 1: Celtics -10 / 222.5 (up from 220)

They played 5 times during reg season, Celts won 3 of 5..
*Celts 155-104 @ Boston 11/1

*Pacers 122-112 @ Indy 12/4
*Celts 118-101 @ Indy 1/6
*Pacers 133-131 @ Indy 1/8
*Celts 129-104 @ Boston 1/30

If memory serves correctly, usually after winning a 7gm series on Sunday, historically it's tough to have to play a rested opponent on Tues night.. so I think Pacers will be at a disadvantage in that regard.. esp early in the game.

I will play 1q Celts -3.5 (1u)
I think Celts will come out firing and running trying to dishearten their young opponent into early submittal lol..
I don't think Pacers will quit.. ever. But I also don't think it's likely they'll be sharp coming off their focused big win
just 2 days ago. So I like Boston in the early going.

Bigger play is the OVER 222.5 (3u)
My thoughts are:
1) Pacers have a GREAT coach in Rick Carlisle.. head n shoulders above the Celts
2) both of these teams are in the tops of the league in scoring and Pacers play their best when they
"get it and go" scoring transitional buckets and getting down the floor quickly after opp's score.
3) I think Indy'll play that way as much as possible, and will find their rhythm later in the game as opposed to the opening quarter..
4) I think Celtics Defensive stats for the Playoffs are skewed having been fortunate to play 2 injured teams missing their best players (Heat/Butler.. Cavs/Mitchell).. You can kinda say that for Pacers too!

Both teams will be facing an opponent at full strength for the first time in the playoffs.

*I may dabble in the "LIVE BETTING" on Pacers..
*Pacers held under 100 pts twice in playoffs (2 of 3 gms @ Milw Bucks)

*I will probably play the OVER in Every game of the series.. until they raise it too high
*I'll take Pacers in Gm 2 +pts and ML

Whatever You Play.. Best o'Luck!

LoB

Last edited:

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
now I know why SteelCity switched to ML's only lol...

Celtics win 1Q by 3.. after being ahead by 7+ for about 11:40 out of 12 mins!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
unreal turnovers that allowed Celtics to hit a 3 and send it into OT...

now another turnover by Halliburton letting Celts get up by 4.. crazy

LordofBalls

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2006
California
inbound the ball to your team.. get fouled.. make 1 FT outta 2... you win the game.

simple but terrible mistakes by Pacers at end of 4th qtr..
but mostly the failure to inbound the ball was the biggest F-up

I hit the game total, hit the 2half +pts..

lost 1q by half pt, watched em blow the ML away like Woody Allen scattering the Coke in Annie Hall

Mavs/Twolves tomorrow.. Celts/Pacers again on Thurs

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg