we have ourselves some serious business come next saturday night...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
we have ourselves a real "mega-fight" coming our way saturday night with erroll spence taking on terence "bud" crawford saturday night at the t-mobile in vegas......a fight i never really thought would happen.....possibly the most anticipated fight since canelo vs golovkin 1..........really has a hearns/leonard.....leonard/duran...leonard/wilfredo benitez ...saad muhammad/marvin johnson...diego corrales/jose luis castillo feel to it(unlike these freakish jake paul / nate diaz and francis ngannou vs fury novelty events)....don`t get me wrong,those afforementioned fights definitely pique fans`s interest and put money in people`s pockets.....i like pizza but i` prefer kobe steak......this is absolute pound for pound top of the food chain...i thought it was one of those match-ups that was just too dangerous for either guy to commit to......and two lefties(crawford switching frequently).....spence the naturally bigger guy...crawford a slow starter but probably quicker with an incredibly high fight i.q... don`t see fights like this very often...really tough fight to pick.....was leaning crawford originally but in all the pictures i see spence does look considerably larger(and seems super confident)....

but that`s not all....theres a british bareknuckle card on at noon(eastern)...a big ufc ppv that same night(poirier vs gaethje 2) and late that night the second bellator vs rizin contest on showtime......

big saturday.....lots of interesting fights crammed into one 24 hour window......

hmm...i see jack changed the drapes....probably wouldn`t have gone with green but it seems to work pretty well.....hope all is well,my brother...hope all the old regulars are still on the green side of the grass...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
my brother from another enlarged prostate !.....glad you`re hangin`.....

look,if any of the old guard changed their pronouns,shoot me an e mail at my proton mail account(i`ll send it to jack...i don`t want to show up like a bad habit and offend right out of the chute)......:smilies5

JOSHNAUDI

That Guy
Forum Member
Dec 12, 2000
Seguin, TX
www.schwartz-associates.com
Nate Diaz Sport GIF by UFC

Glad to see ya G Dub

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
hey,josh....hope you`re keeping these grifters in line.(somebody has to do it because i don`t think jack has appointed an official "influencer")......

i was going to see "barbie"(i wasn`t interested at first but a friend told me it was two solid hours of margot robbie running around barefoot) but the guy at the ticket counter said that "no,they couldn`t mute the audio" and that i had to keep my pants on during the movie......

i was disappointed,to say the least

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i just saw that draftkings has the split decision prop in the big fight hanging at +380...majority decision +750!..i`m a little shocked...i don`t think a split or majority is all that inconceivable.....matter of fact i think it`s quite possible....very generous.....two lefties....i don`t see either guy coming out and throwing caution to the wind....both have respectable power but they`re more known for methodically breaking guys down than dummying opponents...spence will pressure....crawford will switch-hit and try and out-technique spence.....a stoppage either way would surprise me here.....i really think the fact that both are primarily southpaws and so good will make both guys even more pensive ......

it gets to the cards(and i think it should),who knows...could be a very small margin fight...

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
i just saw that draftkings has the split decision prop in the big fight hanging at +380...majority decision +750!..i`m a little shocked...i don`t think a split or majority is all that inconceivable.....matter of fact i think it`s quite possible....very generous.....two lefties....i don`t see either guy coming out and throwing caution to the wind....both have respectable power but they`re more known for methodically breaking guys down than dummying opponents...spence will pressure....crawford will switch-hit and try and out-technique spence.....a stoppage either way would surprise me here.....i really think the fact that both are primarily southpaws and so good will make both guys even more pensive ......

it gets to the cards(and i think it should),who knows...could be a very small margin fight...

Can't argue with any of that

However, I think it's entirely possible that Spence's durability was compromised in the car accident. I know it was years ago, don't care, brain injuries are finicky and can show back up at any time. Spence had a couple scary moments against Ugas, who's not a puncher. If there's one dude who can take Spence back to the shadow realm...it's Bud Crawford

Reactions: gardenweasel
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
yeah...after looking this over ...records...style....common opponents.......i have to go with crawford......he just seems the more complete package.....i mean i`m happy with those props at those prices....maybe spence`s size,pressure....maybe age will be a factor.....but it`s only two years difference...and i believe spence is coming in off a long sabbatical(april of 2022)...

he has more ways to win(crawford),imo......i`m seeing -150 out there(i believe i saw higher early on)....i`ll take the bait with crawford.....and not for just a taste....i`m gonna wet my beak a little here.........

that final presser was a hoot.....if the goal was to sell this thing(no problem for people who follow boxing closely...this is the real deal),i think all the b.s. was probably effective.....i don`t believe either guy is much of a natural shit-talker(for the most part respectful guys)...but i think the long build-up has stoked some legit bad blood between the two...certainly between the trainers and families...

Reactions: BOXLOCKS
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
jesus wept...freddie roach is still kickin`....that mofo must have some of keith richards` dna mixed in there somewhere....parkinsons probably said "f-ck this shit....this dude is goin` nowhere"......

god bless him.......good to see him still functioning well enough to keep doing what he loves at a high level...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
an inconsequential observation...... am i reading this jake paul/nate diaz thing right?........it looks to me like nate diaz is intimidated by paul.....i know paul is a carnival barker but it doesn`t look like nate wants any part of selling this fight....

disinterest?...or has paul`s schtick actually gotten to nate?.....nate has looked pretty used up late in his career(with the exception of an even more used up tony ferguson)......but he looks downright cowed in the interaction between the two.....

paul should win in a pure boxing match(with just his size and jab)..but nate`s usually fearless.....a bit disconcerting seeing nate look "hesitant"(i`m being kind)....

odd....maybe at some point you just get tired of taking shots/all the histrionics?...can`t blame him for grabbing a big paycheck for what looks like it could be mainly a staring contest...

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
an inconsequential observation...... am i reading this jake paul/nate diaz thing right?........it looks to me like nate diaz is intimidated by paul.....i know paul is a carnival barker but it doesn`t look like nate wants any part of selling this fight....

disinterest?...or has paul`s schtick actually gotten to nate?.....nate has looked pretty used up late in his career(with the exception of an even more used up tony ferguson)......but he looks downright cowed in the interaction between the two.....

paul should win in a pure boxing match(with just his size and jab)..but nate`s usually fearless.....a bit disconcerting seeing nate look "hesitant"(i`m being kind)....

odd....maybe at some point you just get tired of taking shots/all the histrionics?...can`t blame him for grabbing a big paycheck for what looks like it could be mainly a staring contest...
Jake Paul-485
Nate Diaz+327
07:00 pm PST
O 7½-110
U 7½-110

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
Jake Paul-485
Nate Diaz+327
07:00 pm PST
O 7½-110
U 7½-110
In Jake Paul's battle against MMA fighters, he remains undefeated.

The YouTuber-turned-prizefighter defeated Nate Diaz via unanimous decision (97-92, 98-91, 98-91) Saturday night at a sold-out American Airlines Center. Paul hurt Diaz in the first round and it seemed like he would cruise or finish the fight early. But Diaz hung in and made it a dogfight throughout.