Congrats to

JT 314

Forum Member
Jul 20, 2009
Thanks Kick for clearing that up, did not realize that

You would have really given the ball to Mahomes 2nd.... I can't wrap my head around that decision. Felt like the only thing that was going to stop him was a turnover at that point. Give him the ball first then at least you know

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Thanks Kick for clearing that up, did not realize that

How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
just better than NFL, and they are.

Ummmm....nope.....not even close.

In fact of all the sports played in North America that require OT, the NCAAF OT rules might very well be the dumbest rules out there.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
JT:

Just for starters - I just meant that IMO the playoffs are an entirely different animal.

In the regular season, a team could take over 9 minutes to drive for a 19 yard field goal, and the other team would have less than a minute to score a matching field goal.

There are practical limitations against endless overtime games during the regular season, and you sort of take your chances when the game goes to overtime. But the league figured out that in the playoffs, the advantage of simply winning the coin toss was not good.

Some different rules that are likely to produce fairer outcomes seem totally justified in the Super Bowl and the playoffs.

GL

Reactions: yyz

ejthree

Forum Member
Sep 7, 2006
meh. of all his terrible decisions, that is lower on the list. that moron cost them the game when he opened the 2nd half with passes on 8 of 9 plays.

for some stupid reason, i thought maybe, just MAYBE, shanahan had learned his lesson after blowing 4th quarter leads in 3 big games. and all for the exact same reason... he abandoned the run. turns out, the only lesson he learned... ABANDON THE RUN BEFORE YOU GET TO THE 4TH QUARTER!!
So true Smitty but to me seems his fn brain is wired that is ego being a futuristic offensive genius won't allow him to think logically. Reminds me of a poker player who wants to get fancy when a solid style for a particular game is perfect. I like you had thought he had learned his lesson in Atlanta but maybe he just don't get it and NEVER will.

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
I like you had thought he had learned his lesson in Atlanta but maybe he just don't get it and NEVER will.
SB with Atlanta... SB against KC... NFC Championship game against LAR.... SB against KC again...

I agree, it's his ego getting in the way of making intelligent decisions. But how the hell doesn't the owner of the team sit him down (when he was first hired, after the SB meltdown) and say "we have a very solid run game. use it when we have the lead in the 4th quarter." And then again after the first SB against KC. And again before this SB and say "we're paying Christian McCaffrey a shit ton of money for games like this. If we're winning in the second half, HAND HIM THE FUCKING BALL."

He continues to put the game in the hands of an ok QB instead of his best-in-the-league running back.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg