MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I never had to buy it before because I get paid by advertisers in bitcoin. But now I have cash that I don't want in the bank and I have enough in the stock market. Anyway, how are you depositing USD in order to buy crypto and where are you buying it? I don't like the methods to send to binance so I sent to coinbase and they charged $140 in fees. That's why I quit using them back in 2016. Jesus.

Anyway, any ideas? Thanks.

I'm only buying bitcoin at this point. I have some ETH and a lot of ADA. I just want more bitcoin and not interested in anything else.

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Yes.

Using Uphold and Coinbase. I don't like the fees but I don't want more equities and I don't want it in cash. Uphold charges a 2.49% deposit fee.

Drop a bit of $ into Hbar, XDC and Quant.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Yes.

Using Uphold and Coinbase. I don't like the fees but I don't want more equities and I don't want it in cash. Uphold charges a 2.49% deposit fee.

Drop a bit of $ into Hbar, XDC and Quant.

I guess the fees I paid weren't that bad. The last time I bought BTC at coinbase was 2016 and back then you had to wait until your funds settled at coinbase before they sold you the BTC, so the times I bought I got screwed because BTC had gone up in the time it took for funds to settle. Today, I just clicked on BUY BTC and sent the funds from my bank (which I must have setup back in 2016) and they credited my account with the BTC immediately. That was nice. They said I cannot send the BTC to any account outside of coinbase until Novemeber 3. I just checked my bank account and the money has been deducted from my balance so they must have received it, right? Anyway, for a $10K deposit they charged me $149 so not so bad, I guess. On November 3 I'll send the BTC to my ledger device. So far that was a smooth transaction.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Funds move much quicker now. Ive moved most of my crypto onto a Ledger. There is some speculative stuff I bought on Uphold that I can not move off their site but if it pops, I'll just sell it there.

Good luck!

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
if you have binance account you can pay with swift bank transfer (free).

doesn't it mean that if you have cash, you go to bank and pay that transfer with cash with out depositing it on your bank account ?

i have been buying CAKE when it's under 4 and BNB when it's 200...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
if you have binance account you can pay with swift bank transfer (free).

doesn't it mean that if you have cash, you go to bank and pay that transfer with cash with out depositing it on your bank account ?

i have been buying CAKE when it's under 4 and BNB when it's 200...

I didn't trust that option after reading the rules. It said there could be a delay in credit if it comes from a joint account. I don't need any hiccups with my money.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Jack - Take a look at LINQTO.COM Sign up and you can buy pre-IPO shares. I have bought Ripple and am waiting for more Polysign to become available. Take a look and do a little research. Invest into the companies that are involved with crypto. Good luck!

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
I don't follow this stuff very closely, but I am hearing about big sell offs. What's the scoop?

FTX is an exchange that was supposed to be doing very well. It’s principal owner/CEO, Sam Bankman-Fried, announced yesterday that his company was going to be bought by binance.
Huge news— and not in a good way, obviously :facepalm:

“The FTX debacle was spawned in part by its close relationship with market maker Alameda Research, which was also founded by Bankman-Fried and whose balance sheet consisted largely of FTX’s own token, called FTT. The firm’s failure will likely spur lawmakers and regulators to require stronger firewalls between trading platforms, market makers, brokers, and custodians—a separation already required for most Wall Street firms that doesn’t exist in crypto.

“This is a blow to the industry’s credibility, and hopefully lawmakers will take a more evenhanded view on how to get this right by prioritizing investors and consumers rather than by creating a safe space for the industry,” says Mark Hays, a senior policy analyst for Americans for Financial Reform, an investor advocacy group.”

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Now Binance is not buying FTX. Sam Bankman-Fried is a POS they need to get rid of. Maybe this mess will help bring on regulation sooner than later. Regulation is what crypo needs.

This is a buying opportunity.

All the haters are out now and we'll be seeing more of them until this bottoms out and the bull market begins again and new highs in about 2 more years. Then we hear the crickets once again. Where's Duffmiver?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Just read a report that helped clear up the FTX part.......people moved their crypto assets to FTX, FTX lent it to Alameda who used it for speculative investments that lost a shitload of money. FTX investors heard about it and tried to withdraw their funds but FTX didn't have it.

Next question: So what happened to the coins or whatever people entrusted to FTX? I really don't understand this shit which is why I've never been able to put a dollar into it.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Just read a report that helped clear up the FTX part.......people moved their crypto assets to FTX, FTX lent it to Alameda who used it for speculative investments that lost a shitload of money. FTX investors heard about it and tried to withdraw their funds but FTX didn't have it.

Next question: So what happened to the coins or whatever people entrusted to FTX? I really don't understand this shit which is why I've never been able to put a dollar into it.

The crypto people had on that exchange lost it all. Gone. Poof. If they are lucky they might get a nickel on a dollar. The guy scammed them. This video will explain how it happened and went down. It's rumored that Tom Brady and wife had over $600 million there. I wonder how focused he'll be in the game this week?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EMsLYknErtA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
Now Binance is not buying FTX. Sam Bankman-Fried is a POS they need to get rid of. Maybe this mess will help bring on regulation sooner than later. Regulation is what crypo needs.

This is a buying opportunity.

All the haters are out now and we'll be seeing more of them until this bottoms out and the bull market begins again and new highs in about 2 more years. Then we hear the crickets once again. Where's Duffmiver?

Pretty certain Duff died during Covid.

:sadwave::sadwave:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
The crypto people had on that exchange lost it all. Gone. Poof. If they are lucky they might get a nickel on a dollar. The guy scammed them. This video will explain how it happened and went down. It's rumored that Tom Brady and wife had over $600 million there. I wonder how focused he'll be in the game this week?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EMsLYknErtA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1: I wouldn't trust that dude (from the video) BUT I don't doubt his explanation.
2: Why in the fuck do people think investing in a currency makes sense?