MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
But, it's not an income producing asset. It's a currency or a store of value. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe institutional inflation exists to avoid the desire to sit on stores of value.

I'm not going to defend nor promote investing in bitcoin. I am down on bitcoin on the heavy side because I think it's going to be the norm in the future. Kinda like when the internet started. I'm banking on it surging to new highs in the next bull market. Many believe it is at or nearing the bottom. The next bitcoin halving is around May of 2024. I want to be holding for that event.

Yeah, it's risky but when risky hits it pays off in a big way. It needs regulation too and since the FTX crap went down that will be coming sooner rather than later. That's when the institutions buy in and it takes off. We live in a digital world and will be needing and using digital currency. You will be using bitcoin before the end of the decade, like it or not. Just my opinion.

You were talking about buying bonds, aren't they a store of value?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
It's still the Wild West right now.

Just seems like crypto is another get rich quick scheme. Some will. Most won't.

I'm talking about bitcoin.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
I'm talking about bitcoin.

I understand, but these offshoots are playing off of the success of bitcoin. (Imo)

If you missed the bitcoin rush a few years ago, you have dozens of opportunities to grab the "next big thing" at a cheap price.

The video you posted was very informative.

:0074

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I understand, but these offshoots are playing off of the success of bitcoin. (Imo)

No doubt about that. There are over 20,000 crypto coins out there. For what?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I think the crypto bulls make more sense than the crypto bears. There are plenty on both sides. I actually got into bitcoin by mistake. My advertisers wanted to pay me in bitcoin. I probably have 100's of hours of research invested and I am a bitcoin bull now. If it went to zero my life wouldn't change. If it goes to $200k to $500k, like many think, that would change things dramatically.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cT3QQTqF21I" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Understanding a Store Of Value
For investors, interest-bearing assets such as U.S. Treasury bonds (T-bonds) qualify, too, because they retain their value while generating income.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Understanding a Store Of Value
For investors, interest-bearing assets such as U.S. Treasury bonds (T-bonds) qualify, too, because they retain their value while generating income.

"While generating income" is the important differentiator. Compare that to gold, silver, or the US dollar.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
"While generating income" is the important differentiator. Compare that to gold, silver, or the US dollar.

They consider gold, silver, and real estate a store of value as well. USD is not. But whatever. I need to figure out what games to watch. :0008

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
I agree w Jack. This is the preseason. Regular season starts in a few years. The world does not need 20,000 shitcoins. It probably needs less than 1% of that. FTX was the Netscape moment from the dotcom crash. After Netscape imploded, everyone said the internet was junk. Look at the internet now. It's disappointing that a shitbag like SBF scammed so many people. I hope he rots in a jail cell. But crypto and blockchain is not going away

https://twitter.com/i/status/1591070331988774913

Whats- whether you realize it or not, you have been investing in the petrodollar your entire life.

Good luck to everyone. If you own crypto, get it off the exchanges into your own cold storage wallet. Trezor and Ledger are good and relativrly easy to set up..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
I agree w Jack. This is the preseason. Regular season starts in a few years. The world does not need 20,000 shitcoins. It probably needs less than 1% of that. FTX was the Netscape moment from the dotcom crash. After Netscape imploded, everyone said the internet was junk. Look at the internet now. It's disappointing that a shitbag like SBF scammed so many people. I hope he rots in a jail cell. But crypto and blockchain is not going away

https://twitter.com/i/status/1591070331988774913

Whats- whether you realize it or not, you have been investing in the petrodollar your entire life.

Good luck to everyone. If you own crypto, get it off the exchanges into your own cold storage wallet. Trezor and Ledger are good and relativrly easy to set up..

Nobody said the internet was junk. Blindly investing in companies that had a domain name was junk.

If you guys legitimately think this is worth putting your money behind, go for it. I honestly hope you do well, but I just do not get it.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Nobody said the internet was junk. Blindly investing in companies that had a domain name was junk.

If you guys legitimately think this is worth putting your money behind, go for it. I honestly hope you do well, but I just do not get it.

I don't know, I just feel like I'm following the smart money and the smart people working towards making this work. It is the future and my guess is you'll be using bitcoin before the end of the decade. The blockchain is used for so much more.

I certainly won't convince you and I don't want to in case it does fail but you will never convince me to pull out. About 70% of my investments are in Bitcoin. It's probably going to drop another 30% to 50% before it's next bull run to over $200K by 2025 seems to be the consensus. If I was sure it was going to drop to $10k I'd pull out now and wait but nobody knows where the bottom is and when it takes off once again. It will and I won't be back to say 'i told you so'.

Here are a few articles.

https://worldleadersummit.com/crypto...al-revolution/

https://www.expansionsolutionsmagazi...al-revolution/

https://www.stlouisfed.org/annual-report/2021/essay

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

Skulnik taught you well. :0003

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Follow the top 10 BTC wallets, and you will know which way the markets are going. They dictate price.

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I didn't read through all the replies but I agree w Shamrock and possibly others....silver and gold are the way to go. We're going to soon be going back to the gold standard similar to what Russia has done w the ruble. I think gold and silver is not only safe but that it will go way up in the long run.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
I didn't read through all the replies but I agree w Shamrock and possibly others....silver and gold are the way to go. We're going to soon be going back to the gold standard similar to what Russia has done w the ruble. I think gold and silver is not only safe but that it will go way up in the long run.

Not happening. Following the economic lead of a country like Russia sounds like a truly terrible idea.