NFL DFS for Draft Kings Week #9

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Hi guys, I am really excited about week 9 and was all set to give you some big value plays and then the news that Jordan Love will be starting for the Green Bay Packers against a below average Chiefs defense has thrown a wrench into my game plan. I'm still playing most of my players but Love's $4,400 Draft Kings price tag can really break the slate and the low tag makes him really hard to fade and makes the higher priced studs more obtainable. I will be editing this thread all the way into Sunday morning about 2 hours before game time. I play about 200- 230 lineups each week but 150 lineups are the $.50 cent mini max tourney with the 10K payout, I like to build these lineups first so I get a feel for building my other tournaments, I also play 5 millionaire tournaments, $3-20 lineup max with $100,000 to first and then I finish entering $2 - $50 single entry tournaments, price depending on how confident I feel with my best lineups. It's about $500 - $750 each week and I have been holding my own up a few dollars. I came close to the million a few weeks back but I played Pitts and Woods over Gesicke and Kupp (How Stupid) That one decision would have changed my financial life forever. Oh well, onto this week.

Lamar Jackson QB $7300

I have him with highest FPTS floor of 20 at the QB position and I am expecting mid 30s. He gets a Viking defense who just gave up 325 yards passing to Cooper Rush and lost their best pass rusher Danielle Hunter to a torn Pec. Jackson had 23.1 points in a home loss last time out with the team scoring only 17 points. I am expecting 275 yards with 2 TDs passing and 80 yards and 1 TD rushing for 37 points!

Miles Gaskin RB $5800

He gets a terrible Texans rush defense who is giving up the second most fantasy points to opposing running backs. Gaskin should definitely get one score minimum with 90 yards rushing and 3 catches for 30 yards for 21 fantasy points with a chance to get a boat load more.

Jordan Love QB $4400

Not a good week for me to be touting Jackson as Love can absolutely break the slate. He is going to have all his receivers back and offensive line. Do the Packers try and take the air out of the football? They are 8 point underdogs and the game script could call for them to be airing it out and at that price tag it doesn't take much to make value and let's face it, KC's defense is bad, very bad. 200 yards and 2 TDs seems very obtainable and it could be much more than that. I will have enough of him sprinkled around in lineups in case he breaks the slate. He will be heavily owned so the faders will be rooting for a dismal performance

Jerry Jeudy WR $5000

This guy is much too talented for this price and playing the Cowboys maybe the right spot to get great value. Last week was his first week back after being absent after week 1. He had a relatively quiet day with 4 targets catching all 4 for 39 yards but this week they should have to either match the Cowboys in points or play from behind. 7 catches for 70 yards minimum is in order here and I'm hoping for 7 for 100 and a TD.

Jaylen Waddle WR $5600

Up until last week Waddle had 15.3 and 29 fantasy points respectively but ran into a Buffalo defense and a very windy afternoon making it difficult to throw the football but saying that he still had 12 WHOPPING targets and has had 33 targets the last 3 weeks and gets a favorable matchup against the Texans this week. I'm thinking 7 for 70 and score is very realistic.

Tua Tagovailoa QB $5800

Much like Waddle, Tua was having a run of success scoring mid 20s FPTs for 2 weeks before running into Buffalo and the winds. I expect a solid performance and every lineup I have Tua I will have Waddle and I will also have Gesicki sprinkled in as well. I think he hits the mid 20s again with the possibility to get into the upper 20s making his price tag an absolute bargain.

Zach Moss RB $5300

Has a great matchup vs the Jags and could see carries in the teens if they jump out to a nice lead. Last4 week he also had 6 catches and was targeted 7 times but I think the Bills were checking it down due to weather. I am expecting Moss to reach the end zone with 3 grabs and 90 all purpose yards for a 18 point day.

Hunter Rendfrow WR $4800

Renfrow is very steady getting over 10 fantasy points per game in every game except one. Ruggs is now gone and I expect his role to expand even more. If he gets into the end zone he has tremendous value.

Brandon Aiyuk WR $4100

Aiyuk had 10 fantasy points last week but it was encouraging that he had 7 targets. This week could be a shoot out against the Cardinals and there is no doubt Aiyuk is a very talented player who was in the dog house.

Studs of the Week

I am not going to write up each player but these are the high end players I will be focusing on

Josh Allen QB $8200
Pat Mahomes QB $7800
Alvin Kamara RB $8200
Austin Ekeler RB $7800
Aaron Jones RB $7200
Nick Chubb RB $6700
Davante Adams WR $8200
Tyreek Hill WR $7900
Stafon Diggs WR $7700
Justin Jefferson WR $7500
Marquise Brown WR $6000
Travis Kelce TE $7000
Darren Waller TE $6200
Mike Gesicke TE $4900
Dallas Goedert TE $4500
Evan Engram TE $3800
Tommy Sweeney TE $3100 5 targets last week and was targeted in the end zone

SHOT in the Dark Sneaky Play

Josiah Deguara TE $2,500

Don't know if he will be highly owned but the Packers 2020 third round draft pick should see the field quite a bit now that Tonyan is out for the season. Having Jordan Love at QB might be a benefit as they both were receiving second string reps since training camp so familiarity is there and they maybe playing catch up. Deguara is a fast, athletic tight end.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg