Day light savings time...

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
so gay. bush was so desperate to turn the economy around a year ago that he authorized bumping up daylight savings 3 weeks.

so f*king gay.

ITS STILL WINTER FOR FU*KS SAKE!!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
so gay. bush was so desperate to turn the economy around a year ago that he authorized bumping up daylight savings 3 weeks.

so f*king gay.

they even have to take control over our time :rolleyes:

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999

no shite...

Winter storm warning in effect.
Today..Cloudy. Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets beginning this morning. Risk of freezing rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 10 to 15 cm. Local blowing snow. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 1.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
it really messes up my mornings. way too dark. have a hard enough time as it is.

....but for crying out loud, it's not daylight savings season. it defeats the whole purpose. typical bush maneuver - he doesnt understand the purpose of daylite savings so he has no problem completely fu*king it up. this helps us in no way whatsoever. in fact it probably cause more problems than anything else

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
no shite...

Winter storm warning in effect.
Today..Cloudy. Snow at times heavy mixed with ice pellets beginning this morning. Risk of freezing rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 10 to 15 cm. Local blowing snow. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 1.

Aren't you glad it will stay light later.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
it really messes up my mornings. way too dark. have a hard enough time as it is.

....but for crying out loud, it's not daylight savings season. it defeats the whole purpose. typical bush maneuver - he doesnt understand the purpose of daylite savings so he has no problem completely fu*king it up. this helps us in no way whatsoever. in fact it probably cause more problems than anything else
bush%20laugh.thumbnail.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky

Heard Stevie Wonder say same thing other night :)

Would depend if your extra curricular activities are indoor or outdoor I would think.

I can understand your point being in Vegas--can remember last time I was there and would have to go to door to see if it was am or pm--and can remember thinking --damn day light savings time ;)

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Advice for getting some sleep

There isn't much time before daylight saving time, but you can still prepare your body for the switch. Here are some tips for gaining a good night's sleep despite the time change. Most of the tips help throughout the year as well.

? Go to sleep earlier.

? Get up early. Use natural or artificial light to help advance your biological rhythm.

? Don't nap during the weekend.

? Avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine before going to sleep.
:nono: :nono:

? Relax before bedtime. Establish a regular routine such as soaking in a hot tub, reading or listening to music.

? Keep sleeping areas cool and dark. Minimize noise. Have a comfortable sleep surface and pillows.

? Maintain regular sleep and wake schedules during the week and on the weekends.

? Maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Finish eating and working out a few hours before bedtime.

? Spend limited time in bed. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex.
:brows: :brows:
Sources: Area sleeping disorder experts, National Sleep Foundation and www.sleepbetter.org.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I thought we spring forward earlier because of global warming:shrug: or farmers need more daylight to work:mj07:

I like daylight savings time:00hour

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
how did my computer know to change the time? :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
fuc*, my damn 20 year old cheap ass digital clock somehow knew. I think it's haunted.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i had to turn my cell off and back on to get the correct time adjustment.

i don't believe your 20 yo clock knew the time :mj07: