Government Contracts

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
At the risk of sounding like Comfy1, ("Say fellas my cellular phone has a flashlight app! Pretty cool!") I want to rant about government contracts.

This week I encountered the fourth time I have witnessed a government entity wanting to purchase my goods where they asked if it is OK with us to work the purchase through one of their "approved vendors". They explain that there is too much red tape involved to certify our company as a government approved vendor. The process would take weeks, even months and since our ownership demographic does not include minority or women we may not be approved anyway. Then they would be required to gather three separate quotes to ensure they are purchasing the thriftiest possible goods.

So we work with one of their approved vendors. Oh yeah, the approved vendor tacks on a processing fee for their troubles of being the middleman. This is a rather thick loaf of irony in my opinion as the rules cooked up by our lawmakers to ensure a fair economy are so easily circumvented, costing the taxpayers extra cheese. The rules were designed to prevent this very practice.

From my taxpayer perspective this is pretty fucked up. From my salesman perspective it is pretty sweet. I am sure there are plenty of mega rich people laying around on yachts due to lucrative pork barrel contracts with government entities. But it just surprises me a bit that the buyers have no qualms about the obvious deception. I guess when everybody breaks the rules over and over, the perception of right vs. wrong is clouded and it is simply the way business deals are made. Welcome to America!

Morris

Tent Maker
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Above the Clouds....
I'm supposed to use gov't contract whenever I purchase anything. Do I ever? Nope. Just can't deal with it. I go local , get what I want on time, better service and usually a better price.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
At the risk of sounding like Comfy1, ("Say fellas my cellular phone has a flashlight app! Pretty cool!") I want to rant about government contracts.

This week I encountered the fourth time I have witnessed a government entity wanting to purchase my goods where they asked if it is OK with us to work the purchase through one of their "approved vendors". They explain that there is too much red tape involved to certify our company as a government approved vendor. The process would take weeks, even months and since our ownership demographic does not include minority or women we may not be approved anyway. Then they would be required to gather three separate quotes to ensure they are purchasing the thriftiest possible goods.

So we work with one of their approved vendors. Oh yeah, the approved vendor tacks on a processing fee for their troubles of being the middleman. This is a rather thick loaf of irony in my opinion as the rules cooked up by our lawmakers to ensure a fair economy are so easily circumvented, costing the taxpayers extra cheese. The rules were designed to prevent this very practice.

From my taxpayer perspective this is pretty fucked up. From my salesman perspective it is pretty sweet. I am sure there are plenty of mega rich people laying around on yachts due to lucrative pork barrel contracts with government entities. But it just surprises me a bit that the buyers have no qualms about the obvious deception. I guess when everybody breaks the rules over and over, the perception of right vs. wrong is clouded and it is simply the way business deals are made. Welcome to America!

thanks for sharing :0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I am sure there are plenty of mega rich people laying around on yachts due to lucrative pork barrel contracts with government entities.

It pays to have the right connections. Everyfuckingthing is rigged.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

comfortable1

Useful
Forum Member
Nov 13, 2009
iPhone has had a LED flashlight that shines at 2000 lumens for years. :0003

Sounds like quite the modern convenience.

Always+polish+u+wood+with+bear+wanks+always+polish+u_429ad9_5066910.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JOSHNAUDI

That Guy
Forum Member
Dec 12, 2000
Seguin, TX
www.schwartz-associates.com
Although your comment is a clever one, I am trying to talk about how fucked up the government really is here. Now I got a fucking bear whacking off in my serious thread.

#puttapeoveryourlens

Dish you just hash brown

putt
ape
overy (sic)
your
lens (sic)

If this was directed at Bart you just won the 'pun'isher of the year award and took our FuckHeads Anony chat to a 2nd level

My friends at the lower colorado RA would never do things the easy way

and fucking bear whacking off is either an oxymoron or a tribal chief

Comfortable1, myself and the space whales would like to know whether you blame the government policies or the actual government entities for the problem. Is it the red tape you don't like or the fact that these entities are too lazy to go through the proper channels to bypass the red tape. And get with the 21st century - White male owners are out, multi cultured women are in. Deal with it

Oh

And congrats on your success

no pepper

OUTSIDE NOW!
Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
St. Louis
Definitely about Bart, yes this is all about Bart. Bart the anonymous fuckhead putt ape. Wapner at four. The LCRA chose a competitor without even giving me a shot at the on-site presentation. If you got friends there tell em I'll buy lap dances and greens fees, errrr I mean tell em about my great product dude!

I'm not mad about government contracts anymore. That's so Thursday. I'm mad about Gov't Mule and negative political advertisements. #rackem