Sweeeeeet 16 boys

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

softballmvp

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 2, 2012
Scheyer was absurd in HS for those of you that don’t know. Was my neighbor. I’m a bit older than him but he was friends with my dad and would warm up at my house. Same high school as Collins.

Chris was my guy. Brother’s best friend. So i sort of soft hated on Jon lol. Finally his freshman year, my dad dragged me to a playoff game. “He may be better than Chris”.

Dude dropped 46. His white ass and 4 other Jews took down the Illinois state title. Best all the tough inner city kids. Was pretty insane. Dude was unfazed and could shoot over everyone. Won a NC at Duke as starting PG.

Almost made the league, but got a bad eye injury in summer camp and career was over.

Most of you may know that, but just funny when I’m watching on a stage like this

Great story. Since Marquette was playing, I'll share a story. My senior year in High School (Wisc) we had a phenomenal team, though not me, I was like 3rd off the bench. In the game to get to state we played against a kid named Anthony Pieper. He averaged 39 PPG that year as a junior. He was insane. This was a smaller school division. He was 6'3 and the primary (pretty much only) ball handler, I don't know if they had another guy taller than 6'1. He would take the inbound dribble up and shoot or drive and shoot. That was pretty much it. He scored 53 against us but we won by 13 or so. We let him have his and they just couldn't defend us. But my claim to fame was playing the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and not letting him score. I was really quick (my only BB skill back then) and basically didn't let him get the ball. Shadowed him the whole court.

But anyway, he scored a tad less his senior year and they did go to state but pretty sure they didn't win that year either. I think they lost to Sam Okey's team who was a Wisc HS legend. He went on to Marquette and maybe scored 10 a game, lol. Long time lurker, might be my 1st post ever.

Reactions: redsfann and T

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Great story. Since Marquette was playing, I'll share a story. My senior year in High School (Wisc) we had a phenomenal team, though not me, I was like 3rd off the bench. In the game to get to state we played against a kid named Anthony Pieper. He averaged 39 PPG that year as a junior. He was insane. This was a smaller school division. He was 6'3 and the primary (pretty much only) ball handler, I don't know if they had another guy taller than 6'1. He would take the inbound dribble up and shoot or drive and shoot. That was pretty much it. He scored 53 against us but we won by 13 or so. We let him have his and they just couldn't defend us. But my claim to fame was playing the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and not letting him score. I was really quick (my only BB skill back then) and basically didn't let him get the ball. Shadowed him the whole court.

But anyway, he scored a tad less his senior year and they did go to state but pretty sure they didn't win that year either. I think they lost to Sam Okey's team who was a Wisc HS legend. He went on to Marquette and maybe scored 10 a game, lol. Long time lurker, might be my 1st post ever.
Haha. Nice. Love it. Never heard of him, but def remember Okey.

Great lockdown!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg