DAMN, this looks so good!!!

Sportsaholic

Jack's Mentor
Forum Member
Jan 18, 2000
Crustacean Nation
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ZJIzEeqAFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

INGREDIENTS

Serves 10-12
5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
3 tablespoons achiote paste
2 tablespoons guajillo chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
? cup white vinegar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 pineapple, skinned and sliced into 1-inch rounds
1 thick wooden skewer, trimmed to the height of your oven
10-12 small corn tortillas
1 white onion, chopped finely
1 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1 cup salsa of your choice

PREPARATION

1. Preheat oven to 350?F/180?C.
2. Slice the pork shoulder into about 1-centimeter slices, then transfer to a large dish or bowl.
3. In a bowl, combine the achiote powder, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, vinegar, and pineapple juice, mashing and stirring until smooth with no lumps.
4. Pour the marinade over the pork, then toss the pork slices to make sure that they are all coated on all sides. Wrap the dish/bowl in cling film, then marinate the pork for at least 2 hours, up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, place a slice or two of the pineapple. Take a wooden skewer and push it directly in the middle of the pineapple.
6. Remove the pork from the fridge and push the slices through the skewer, layering one after the other until there is a 1-inch gap at the top. Push another pineapple slice on top.
7. Bake for about an hour and a half, until slightly charred on the outside and deep red.
8. Rest the meat for about 10 minutes, then carve off thin slices of the pork. Slice off thin pieces of the roasted pineapples as well.
9. To assemble and serve, place some pork on the tortillas, followed by a few pieces of pineapple, a sprinkle of onions, a pinch of cilantro, then a small spoonful of the salsa.
10. Enjoy!

LuJeff

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 16, 2017
Norway
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ZJIzEeqAFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

INGREDIENTS

Serves 10-12
5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
3 tablespoons achiote paste
2 tablespoons guajillo chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
? cup white vinegar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 pineapple, skinned and sliced into 1-inch rounds
1 thick wooden skewer, trimmed to the height of your oven
10-12 small corn tortillas
1 white onion, chopped finely
1 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1 cup salsa of your choice

PREPARATION

1. Preheat oven to 350?F/180?C.
2. Slice the pork shoulder into about 1-centimeter slices, then transfer to a large dish or bowl.
3. In a bowl, combine the achiote powder, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, vinegar, and pineapple juice, mashing and stirring until smooth with no lumps.
4. Pour the marinade over the pork, then toss the pork slices to make sure that they are all coated on all sides. Wrap the dish/bowl in cling film, then marinate the pork for at least 2 hours, up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, place a slice or two of the pineapple. Take a wooden skewer and push it directly in the middle of the pineapple.
6. Remove the pork from the fridge and push the slices through the skewer, layering one after the other until there is a 1-inch gap at the top. Push another pineapple slice on top.
7. Bake for about an hour and a half, until slightly charred on the outside and deep red.
8. Rest the meat for about 10 minutes, then carve off thin slices of the pork. Slice off thin pieces of the roasted pineapples as well.
9. To assemble and serve, place some pork on the tortillas, followed by a few pieces of pineapple, a sprinkle of onions, a pinch of cilantro, then a small spoonful of the salsa.
10. Enjoy!

Thanks for this. I will probably try this at home! Cool recipe. Hoping for more! <3

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
So I've tried this twice now. Worked out OK the first time, much better the 2nd time around after some practice. I did it on the BGE so I'd have some advice for anyone trying it that way after some trial and error on my part. Great recipe, but I incorporated into the recipe a some additional varieties of fresh ground chiles that added some extra flavor. I also used a similar recipe with skirt steak and flank steak to make carne asada.

Thanks for posting this Sports! :0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mrgrtt123

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 15, 2019
Goodbye Taco bell hello home cook meals, but I will definitely add more cheese that I have to set-up the best rat cages as they will be envy with the amount of cheese that I will add.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg