Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Fellas, if you guys like having some hot wings and a couple cold ones while watching the pigskin on Sunday, this is a pretty good alternative.

Pros:
less messy, can serve with toothpicks

Cons:
less fat (no skin)
end up eating about 290 of them per sitting :facepalm:

1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tbsp water
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 tsp salt
Franks red hot sauce (or whichever you prefer)

In a small skillet, heat pepper, water, and onion until soft, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and let cool 10 minutes. Add chicken. Roll into meatballs, and roll in hot sauce. Put on cookie sheet and bake. Time will depend on size of meatballs. Serve immediately, add more hot sauce if wanted.

Guys these are addictive, they also work well as a buffalo chicken burger.

:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedman

Paid Poster
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2004
SouthDakota
I tried this last night and my balls wouldnt hold shape, so I ended up throwing it into a pan sort of like a meat loaf, it was decent but what did I do wrong that my balls wouldnt form.

Reactions: Sportsaholic
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Umm I dont know. They always seem like they're not going to hold their shape, like a meatball w/breadcrumbs would but I've never had this issue?

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I tried this last night and my balls wouldnt hold shape, so I ended up throwing it into a pan sort of like a meat loaf, it was decent but what did I do wrong that my balls wouldnt form.

Beat an egg and mix that and 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs in with the meat. They will turn out great. :0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crutchie

Forum Member
Jan 31, 2001
naples,fl
I did them a couple of weeks ago and didn't have a problem with them falling apart :shrug:

btw thanks for the recipe hogman--used Franks Red Hot Thick-- they came out great :00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
How big or small do you make them?

I made them golfball size and they turned out great. Since Hogman posted this, we make them every weekend. I've also made them into Buffalo Meatball heros as Hogman suggested, adding blue cheese dressing, lettuce, and even more hot sauce.

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Golf ball size, yup. Sometimes even smaller. Toothpicks are kind of necessary, but they get in the way, lol. Glad everyone enjoyed this one, and still trying to figure out why hedman was having problems. They are kind of fragile-ish, but not sure...

JB

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
A tip for making any meatball and baking them, instead of putting them on a bake sheet or pyrex dish, put in muffin tins. If you have the mini-muffin tins those work even better due to size. Anyway, even if they fall a part, they are still contained pretty well and turn out alright.

Made these today for the first time. Really simple and turned out great. I'm interested in doing them again and trying some different sauces than buffalo/wing hot sauce, just to mix it up.

Thanks again for the recipe.

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
Very good! Had them for lunch today as well. Another tip is throw some extra sauce on them about 10 min before done.

:0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg