The results might be incredible.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
I don't understand why you guys and many others think this crypto space, especially bitcoin, is a bunch of horseshit.

Even if I believed Crypto wasn't bullshit and it was all good, I'd still never use it because of the environmental impact it puts on the Planet. That is the number one reason I'll never get into Crypto, especially Bitcoin.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Ya well until it gets stolen. You are completely fucked if your crypto gets stolen. With a bank, that ain't the case, at least you have a chance getting some or all of your money back. And yes I know Banks (especially US banks) are evil as fuck, but as disgusting and shitty as they are, at least you have a chance at getting your money back.
90% of what you posted is not true, maybe 100%. You just don't understand. I'll just leave it at that.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
90% of what you posted is not true, maybe 100%. You just don't understand. I'll just leave it at that.

I'd say the exact same thing about what you post about Crypto......so we are even:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I could say the exact same thing about what you post about Crypto......so we are even:D
Let's just say 'we'll see'. If it does hit I definitely won't be back to shove it in your face, just don't do that to me if it fails.

It runs in cycles. Before the halving next April/May is accumulation phase then for 12-18 months after the halving it shoots up, then after that's over, it tanks back down. Let's see if it happens again.

And I'm certainly not an expert, that's for sure.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Let's just say 'we'll see'. If it does hit I definitely won't be back to shove it in your face, just don't do that to me if it fails.

Tons of people have made money in crypto, I never questioned that. You've made money in the past and I am sure you'll make money again. And if you make millions you can mock me all you want, I don't give a shit.

My number 1 problem with Crypto (especially Bitcoin) is how it destroys the Environment, I'll never use it simply for that one reason.

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
The stolen crypto, the fake coins - that is not about the technology. That is about the fraudsters and human nature. FTX had nothing to do with blockchain technology. It had everything to do with Sam Bankman-Fried being a complete asshole.

BtC is energy intensive to mine. Look at the energy consumption of XRP, XLM, HBAR, VeChain. Minimal.

Comparing the fax machine and the internet analogy to now is relevant. You had the brightest minds calling the internet a "fad" and that it couldn't compete with the fax machine. Now, people use the internet to fax! People said the cellphone would never catch on too.....

Good luck, Kick. They have this really cool thing now called "MATCHES". You can stop rubbing those sticks together!!!!

Reactions: MadJack
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Comparing the fax machine and the internet analogy to now is relevant. You had the brightest minds calling the internet a "fad" and that it couldn't compete with the fax machine. Now, people use the internet to fax! People said the cellphone would never catch on too.....

Again, with your bullshit analogies, sheesh, you are a smart guy, you continue with these wacko analogies.

Crypto is complete bullshit, you and many others are sucked in, you are in the cult, just own it for fucks sake. Now if you don't believe that, then fine. But stop trying to make yourself feel better by comparing a "currency" with fire, and the wheel, the phone, and how scared humans are about new technology.

And for the record crypto has been along for a long time now, it isn't new. Nor is anybody really scared of it. Some know it is complete bullshit, some think it is the greatest thing out there, right up there with water and oxygen.

You want to be in on the ponzi scheme train, go for it, you want to make money, go for it. Just spare us the "wave of the future" and "you just don't get it because it is new" garbage.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Good luck, Kick. They have this really cool thing now called "MATCHES". You can stop rubbing those sticks together!!!!

Sticks and Matches have value and serve a function, so I am quite happy with my sticks and matches :cool:

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Fraud occurs in any market.
Enron
Madoff
Long Term Caoital Management
Savings and Loans.

It's not indicative of the underlying asset.

Blockchain, " crypto" is nothing more than software code. Code is being used billions of times per day. I don't know why it's a stretch of the imagination to having code move value.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on silver and gold since you like "real" things?

Central banks have been hoarding gold since 2017. In 2019, the BIS added gold to its list of tier 1 assets, the only other T1 asset being US dollars ( and US Treasuries). Now, those same banks are exploring central bank digital currencies. Over 130 countries are looking into that space. Gold is kinda heavy, not very divisible. Dollar notes came into being for that exact reason. The banks held your gold and you spent it with paper notes. The person receiving your note could go to the bank and move that amount of gold into their account from yours.

Same thing could happen in the near future, but instead of paper notes , you'd use computer code.

For the record, the majority of my investments are in traditional assets. My "let's go buy a jet" $ is in digital assets.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada

The stolen crypto, the fake coins - that is not about the technology. That is about the fraudsters and human nature. FTX had nothing to do with blockchain technology. It had everything to do with Sam Bankman-Fried being a complete asshole.

Fraud occurs in any market.
Enron
Madoff
Long Term Caoital Management
Savings and Loans.

It's not indicative of the underlying asset.

Blockchain, " crypto" is nothing more than software code. Code is being used billions of times per day. I don't know why it's a stretch of the imagination to having code move value.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on silver and gold since you like "real" things?

Central banks have been hoarding gold since 2017. In 2019, the BIS added gold to its list of tier 1 assets, the only other T1 asset being US dollars ( and US Treasuries). Now, those same banks are exploring central bank digital currencies. Over 130 countries are looking into that space. Gold is kinda heavy, not very divisible. Dollar notes came into being for that exact reason. The banks held your gold and you spent it with paper notes. The person receiving your note could go to the bank and move that amount of gold into their account from yours.

Same thing could happen in the near future, but instead of paper notes , you'd use computer code.

For the record, the majority of my investments are in traditional assets. My "let's go buy a jet" $ is in digital assets.

Ok you win.....I just ordered my bitcoin t-shirts and I am going to go buy a slice of pizza with my new "coins", fuck yeah!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
It's not about winning anything. I believe that there is a New paradigm coming to finance. You don't. More than anything, I appreciate the debate. That's where the learning occurs. I do not know your financial situation but I would suggest doing some research and putting $2-300 ea into 10 digital assets. Think of it as a lottery ticket. If you can't afford that, do $100.

It's worth a shot.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
It's not about winning anything. I believe that there is a New paradigm coming to finance. You don't. More than anything, I appreciate the debate. That's where the learning occurs. I do not know your financial situation but I would suggest doing some research and putting $2-300 ea into 10 digital assets. Think of it as a lottery ticket. If you can't afford that, do $100.

It's worth a shot.

I'll pass, unless I have to pay ransom to some dude in Somalia, I'll be staying away from Crypto.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Ya well until it gets stolen. You are completely fucked if your crypto gets stolen.
Your crypto can't get stolen if you have a basic knowledge of how things work.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
Your crypto can't get stolen if you have a basic knowledge of how things work.

Plenty of "crypto experts" out there that have had their "coins" vanish.

Hacks are getting more common as every year goes by......I mean these exchanges seem to do a shit job at security now don't they.

Crypto.com admits over $30 million stolen by hackers​

And that is just a small hack.

But hey not all bad, sometimes the hackers return half of the stuff they stole.

Hackers return nearly half of the $600 million they stole in one of the biggest crypto heists​

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Plenty of "crypto experts" out there that have had their "coins" vanish.

Hacks are getting more common as every year goes by......I mean these exchanges seem to do a shit job at security now don't they.

Crypto.com admits over $30 million stolen by hackers​

And that is just a small hack.

But hey not all bad, sometimes the hackers return half of the stuff they stole.

Hackers return nearly half of the $600 million they stole in one of the biggest crypto heists​

Hackers can’t get mine unless they find my 18 word seed. Good luck with that because it’s not on the internet.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I get my crypto off exchanges as soon as I can. Most people do that now.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
August 22-24th.
BRICS Summit.

Could be the most important meeting for global finance since Bretton Woods.